Volunteer Coordinator - This position is responsible for developing and managing Girls Rock Dallas’ Volunteer Program.
- Organizes, coordinates and manages the recruitment of volunteers.
- Performs volunteer outreach and recruitment through the community.
- Works with social, civic and local organizations to develop partnerships, where appropriate, to develop and/or utilize volunteers.
- Develops a concise volunteer application process including, application, screening, interviewing and training.
- Maintains volunteer records, database and statistics.
- Develops and implements training programs for all volunteers.
- Recommends and develops ongoing volunteer utilization.
- Develops and implements a formal and information volunteer recognition program, including a volunteer appreciation party.
- Maintains the volunteer page on website
- Provides ongoing communication, support and guidance for volunteers throughout the application process and all GRD activities.
- The ability to communicate with, supervise and empower volunteers to be effective in their roles - experience with volunteers preferred.
- The ability to work cooperatively with different types of personalities.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability manage a wide range of tasks.
- The experience of managing or coordinating projects and volunteers.
- Detail-orientated self-starter who shows independent judgment, strong problem-solving skills, and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Management Experience preferred.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5-7 Hrs Weekly, may be more closer to camp week
- GENERAL REQUIREMENTS< p style=