At After the Harvest, we glean excess produce from farm fields, but also pick up already harvested excess produce from farms, farm stands and farmers’ markets and deliver it to food banks (like Harvesters) and pantries to feed hungry people.
If you have a vehicle that can haul produce, and you have a heart to help those in need...ATH can sure use your help! Pick up donated produce every week or periodically from farms, markets and distributors. Bring the kids and make the experience come full circle by delivering to food banks, pantries, shelters and community kitchens in the Greater Kansas City area.
- Your organization/group wants to glean? Reserve your date now.
- You want to lead a gleaning? We always need field supervisors.
- You want us to come speak to your organization? We’d love to meet you!
After the Harvest has a very small staff, so we only succeed because of volunteers like you! Thanks so much for helping rescue fresh, nutritious produce to feed those in need.
- Food Delivery / Distribution
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- Must provide own vehicleMust be able to lift up to 40 lbs. if needed