There is nothing more basic and impactul than provding a meal to someone who needs it. Add to that the fact that the people we are serving at Urban Peak's Drop-in Shelter are homeless youth. That makes for a pretty impactful event!
We have multiple dates available for this event. CHECK THEM OUT AND REGISTER HERE: https://projecthelping.org/volunteer/
WHAT WILL WE BE DOING?
For this volunteer event, we will prepare a hot, healthy breakfast for about 100 homeless youth. The food is provided, but we need your help to prepare and serve it.
Project Helping serves breakfast twice a month at Urban Peak - every 2nd Thursday and every 4th Tuesday. To choose a date that works for you, visit www.projecthelping.org/get-involved
- Be part of something great! Help us make an impact on the lives of homeless youth.
- As a volunteer you'll be supporting the Project Helping, Urban Peak and improving your own health.
- Earn your exclusive Project Helping Volunteer t-shirt. Trust me, your friends will be jealous.
- Speaking of friends, bring them along! Volunteering with friends and family makes the day even more memorable!
- And, of course, the chance to change the world. Who doesn't want that??
Are there age requirements for volunteering?
All volunteers must be at least 18 years old.
What if I have a large group that wants to volunteer?
Due to the size of the kitchen at Urban Peak, we have to limit this event to 8 volunteers. Trust us, you wouldn't want to be in there with more people than that!
How do I sign up to volunteer with just a few friends?
Please have you friends complete the registration form above. We wold love to have them join us!
What are my parking options?
More details to come. Once you've signed up, you'll be all set to receive info emails before the event! Expect this 3 days before the event filled with all of the nitty gritty.
To make sure you get the emails, you may want to add Project Helping (firstname.lastname@example.org) to your contacts.
What should I wear?
Wear something you don't mind getting dirty! Other than that, wear a big smile!
More Questions? Email Project Helping at email@example.com
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Remove Graffiti at Otay Valley...
- Help Disadvantaged Children and...
- Lead A Project Helping Group...
- Prepare and Serve a Meal to...
- Help Get Food to Those in Need...
- Paint Baby Haven Child Care...
- Volunteer at the Food Bank for...
- Help at Organic Farm with...
- Provide a Hot, Healthy Breakfast...
- Volunteer to Help Children Learn...
- Help Distribute Food to Those in...
- Help Make the Playground Safe at...