We are looking for volunteer innovators who want to make a real difference in the lives of foster youth by working with a brand new program, The Academy Project!We are a brand-new pilot program so this is an opportunity to effect real change in a very personal and impactful way. We are looking for help developing our program in every area.
- Do you have experience and/or knowledge about education, after-school programs, foster youth, trauma informed therapy, working with middle schoolers, or the nuts and bolts of launching a new program/organization?
- Do you have any interest in becoming a Boar Member of a brand-new organiation?
- Do you have a special skill or unique talent that you want to share with our foster youth? Commitment can be as little as a one hour class to a full on special program that happens multiple times a week.
- Would you like to be engaged in the lives of these foster youth by providing them mentor-ship and support on an on-going basis?
Engagement begins prior to the start of the school year with CAMP XAVIER, our 2 week summer day camp that culminates in a 7 night sleep away program partnered with UCLA Unicamp.
We need your help to really make a change in the futures of our foster youth. Nothing is too small so please, get in touch with us. We'd love to have you onboard!
- Child Development
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Youth Services
- Child Welfare
- Teaching / Instruction
- Special Needs
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Whatever time you can give
- A desire to do something revolutionary to help the foster youth of Los Angeles thrive!!