America for Animals is a new type of animal welfare organization - one that empowers advocates to promote compassion and fight cruelty in the communities where they live. We do this by developing state-of-the-art web and mobile applications that make it easy and fun to help animals. Our apps are designed to help people find humane places to eat, meet like-minded advocates, campaign to end inhumane practices, and take other simple actions that make the world kinder for our four-legged friends. We also do work internationally to improve the lives of dogs and cats in poor communities.
AFA is headquartered in San Diego, California. We work with talented volunteers across the country. We are an all-volunteer, 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.
AFA is looking for an HR Associate to help us organize, recruit, onboard and support our volunteers and be an all-around ROCKSTAR behind the scenes. In addition to joining a team of compassionate animal advocates, this position would build your experience in these diverse HR processes:
- Reviewing and processing volunteer applications and conducting interviews
- Creating and maintaining volunteer documents
- Handling change status forms and exit interviews
- Helping to develop and implement a volunteer recruitment and retention strategy
- Managing a volunteer database in a system (Salesforce)
- Thinking of ways to make volunteering even more fun and rewarding.
- Great attitude and desire to help animals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (must be proficient in spoken English and have extensive experience in phone communications)
- Bachelor's degree required
- Excellent work ethics, such as willingness and ability to respond to emails quickly
- 5 hours per week for 3 months minimum (more welcome!)
- Administrative, operations and HR experience a PLUS! Also, previous non-profit volunteering experience preferred.
AFA is an all-volunteer organization. We hope this experience rewards you with:
- Valuable experience and skill-building opportunities.
- Excitement of being at the center of a start-up.
- Ability to meet and interact with other skilled, passionate and result-oriented volunteers.
- A letter of recommendation.
- Satisfaction of being involved with work that helps animals!
- Administrative Support
- Executive Admin
- Basic Computer Skills
- Human Resources Assistance
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 5-10 hours per week