Foster Family Respite/Support Assistance Volunteers
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
57 people are interested
The Arapahoe County Department of Human Services builds strong communities by promoting the safety, independence and stability of individuals and families. The Child and Adult Protection (CAPS) Division is looking for volunteers to us in working towards our mission and providing excellent customer service to community members and families in Arapahoe County.
Volunteers make a difference in the lives of community members, families and children in need in Arapahoe County. We are currently recruiting for Foster Family Respite/Support Assistance Volunteers. In this position you could be helping foster and kinship families with a variety activities. These could include: childcare, tutoring, shopping, laundry, facilitating family activities and other things that may help alleviate some of the stress that foster families can feel. You and the foster family you are assigned to will determine the days, times and activities you will help with based on your availability and their needs and schedule. This position requires a commitment of at least 3 hours a week to provide respite assistance for an assigned family.
- Age 21 or older
- Complete the application process and pass a background check
- Commit to volunteer in the position for a minimum of six months to one year
- Good interpersonal skills
- A desire to work with some of our County’s most vulnerable adults, children and families
- To apply visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/arapahoe and search on Volunteer-Child Adult Protection Services Division
We'll work with your schedule.
variesArapahoe County, CO 80012
- Child Welfare
- People Skills
- Youth Services
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training