Be a Planned Parenthood Superhero! As a member of our Super Activist volunteer team, will play an integral role in the organization’s grassroots advocacy efforts, serving as part of the go-to team of volunteers who help educate and engage the public around non-partisan political work. The team meets at least monthly, and activities include canvassing, tabling, phone banking, letter-writing, social media engagement and more! Based in St. Paul with possibility to attend events throughout the Twin Cities. Commitment of one activity or event per month.
General Description: Planned Parenthood’s Super Activist team plays an integral role in the organization’s grassroots advocacy efforts, as the go-to team of volunteers to help educate and engage the public around non-partisan political work. This team meets at least monthly.
* Hit the streets to spread the word about reproductive health and advocacy issues
* Table at local community events to reach new supporters
* Write or call local, state or national decision-makers regarding reproductive health or justice issues
* Write letters to the editor about reproductive health or justice
* Hit the phones to engage community around reproductive health and justice advocacy
* Recruit supporters to take action or attend an event
- Public Speaking
- People Skills
- Public Relations
- Community Outreach
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 1 shift or event per month
- Interest in reproductive health and advocacyGood interpersonal, verbal and writ
- Organizing and Advocacy Intern
- Organizational Effectiveness...
- Super Activist
- Special Projects On-Call
- Patient Advisory Council
- Health Center Advocacy Program...
- Volunteer Program and Training...
- Video Ethnographer Intern
- Community Education and Outreach...
- Communications Story-Gathering...
- Health Center Advocate