The Home Start Development & Events Intern will primarily provide event coordination for Home Start’s 2017 Blue Ribbon Gala April, 22nd. Event coordination will include researching, soliciting, and tracking potential vendors, soliciting, securing, and tracking silent auction item donations, along with conducting follow-up phone calls, and other various event related tasks.
Assist with event planning and execution of Home Start's April 22nd, 2017 Blue Ribbon Gala:
- Solicit and secure wine, beer, & food donations from various vendors, including conducting follow-up phone calls
- Track all vendor solicitations and donations
- Create database, solicit, and secure silent auction items, including conducting follow-up phone calls
- Track all silent auction donor solicitation and donations
- Assist with event logistics such as décor, entertainment, on-site logistics, ect.
- Assist with ticket sales and promotions
- Generate weekly update reports
- Other various event related tasks
- General support of Development Department
- Tracking incoming donations
- Input donor information into database
- Other duties as assigned
- High school degree is required, some college coursework completed especially in the areas of nonprofit management, special events, PR, hospitality, marketing, business or communications
- Outstanding written, verbal, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated high-level of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Internet
- Excellent attention to details
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexibility to adapt to change and multi task
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a small team
- Enjoys working in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs
- Begin Immediately-TBD based on need
- Minimum hour commitment: 10-15 hours per week
- Traditional office hours are Monday-Friday from 9 am to 5 pm, flexible with school and work commitments.
- Internship is unpaid.
- College credit, if applicable
- Gain valuable experience to add to your resume
- Understanding of event planning and management
- Develop skills in time management and project oversight
- Professional interaction with Home Start staff, volunteers, donors and businesses
- Support and involvement in operations for nonprofit organization providing services to prevent child abuse.
How to Apply:
Please send resume and cover letter to April Eubanks email@example.com and include Development Intern in the Subject line. We will email you to schedule an interview
- Event Management
- Basic Computer Skills
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10-15 hours/week
- Thrift Boutique Volunteers...
- Help Pass out Food to Families...
- Child Care Supervisors Needed!
- Become a Sign Spinner for a...
- Marketing and PR Committee...
- Want to Help Young Mothers?...
- Development and Events...
- Help Us Pick Up Donations!...
- Help Organize Our Storage...
- Administrative Support Needed at...