The Society of St. Vincent de Paul of San Mateo County provides person to person services helping those in need by providing visits to homes; jail ministry; service learning for youth; 3 homeless help centers; Peninsula Family Resource Center; outlet stores that recycle and salvage; child assistance programs; Monday night food program; a holiday giving program; and visiting people who are homebound.
Currently looking for volunteers for the Homeless Help center kitchen/center. Volunteers are needed for meal preparation and serving the homeless at our homeless help centers, which feed an average of 100 homeless persons daily in the SVdP's South San Francisco facility at 344 Grand Avenue; 50 North "B" Street in San Mateo and at the Fair Oaks Community Center in RWC. Volunteer duties may include: making sandwiches, assisting at the counter serving meals, and giving out basic hygiene items, clothing, and bus tokens to those in need. Training and orientations are provided to volunteers. Days available: Weekdays from 8 am -12:30 pm. Please include phone number at time of inquiry for volunteer coordinator. (your phone number will not be used for anyother purpose).
- People Skills
- Food & Beverage Services
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- Homework Assistant and Tutor -...
- Food Delivery - Society of St....
- Radio Operator - Blackberry...
- Early Literacy Program - Avenidas
- Family Harvest Food Distribution
- Homeless Help Kitchen - Society...
- California Highway Patrol...
- Brown Bag Food Distribution
- Medicare Counselor - HICAP
- Get up & Go Volunteer
- Life Skills Workshop Instructor...
- Mills-Peninsula Health Services
- Caring Cupboard - City of San...
- Senior Peer Counselor -...
- Senior Nutrition
- VA Palo Alto Health Care System
- Recreation Instructor
- SFO Travelers Information