Homeless Help Kitchen - Society of St. Vincent De Paul
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereMills Peninsula Senior Focus1720 El Camino Real, Ste 10Burlingame, CA 94010
The Society of St. Vincent de Paul of San Mateo County provides person to person services helping those in need by providing visits to homes; jail ministry; service learning for youth; 3 homeless help centers; Peninsula Family Resource Center; outlet stores that recycle and salvage; child assistance programs; Monday night food program; a holiday giving program; and visiting people who are homebound.
Currently looking for volunteers for the Homeless Help center kitchen/center. Volunteers are needed for meal preparation and serving the homeless at our homeless help centers, which feed an average of 100 homeless persons daily in the SVdP's South San Francisco facility at 344 Grand Avenue; 50 North "B" Street in San Mateo and at the Fair Oaks Community Center in RWC. Volunteer duties may include: making sandwiches, assisting at the counter serving meals, and giving out basic hygiene items, clothing, and bus tokens to those in need. Training and orientations are provided to volunteers. Days available: Weekdays from 8 am -12:30 pm. Please include phone number at time of inquiry for volunteer coordinator. (your phone number will not be used for anyother purpose).
- People Skills
- Food & Beverage Services
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- Reading Tutor - Reading Partners
- Food Delivery - Society of St....
- Kitchen/ Food Pantry - Samaritan...
- Radio Operator - Blackberry...
- Early Literacy Program - Avenidas
- Homeless Help Kitchen - Society...
- Get up & Go Volunteer
- Mills-Peninsula Health Services
- Caring Cupboard - City of San...
- Mobility Ambassador - San Mateo...
- Senior Nutrition
- Lifeline Services Mills- Peninsula
- Recreation Instructor
- SFO Travelers Information
- Monkey Toy Project - Los Altos...
- Meals on Wheels
- San Mateo County Sheriff's Office
- Friendship Center Host/ Hostess-...
- Project Read Literacy Tutor
- Habitat for Humanity Greater SF...