Help feed hungry people--Rescue fruits, veggies at farms near Kansas City
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
253 people are interested
Fruits and vegetables are going to waste in farmers’ fields. Can you help us save this fresh, nutritious produce to feed hungry families?
After the Harvest rescues nutritious fruits and vegetables from going to waste and donates them to agencies that serve hungry people, primarily in Greater Kansas City. Our volunteers glean after the harvest, picking what’s left in farmers’ fields and picking up already harvested leftover produce. The majority of the funds we raise helps secure semi-truckloads of donated produce that might otherwise end up in landfills. After the Harvest, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, is the largest produce donor to Harvesters-The Community Food Network.
Are you, your friends, family or organization looking for a fun activity while also helping others? Come join us! Breathe in fresh country air, get your hands a little dirty, bring the kids and help glean within 30-45 min. of Kansas City. Then, if you can, help even more by delivering the fresh produce to local food banks and pantries.
Sign up to glean with us this season! Gleanings are scheduled May-November, on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday mornings from 7:30-10:30 a.m. in the summer, with later start times in the fall. Other gleaning dates pop up outside of these pre-scheduled ones.
- Your organization/group or individuals want to glean? You can sign up now for gleanings that will start in late May to November. https://aftertheharvestkc.org/get-involved/volunteers/ or contact Mariah Friend at email@example.com or 816-921-1903.
- You want to lead a gleaning? We always need field supervisors. Contact Mariah.
- You want us to come speak to your organization? We’d love to meet you! Contact Mariah.
After the Harvest has a very small staff, so we only succeed because of volunteers like you! Thanks so much for your help.
Area farms--your travel time within 30-45 min.Kansas City, MO 64111
- People 55+
- About three hours
- Provide own transportation