Do you love interacting with people? Are you organized? Do you want to make a difference in people's lives? Great!
West Valley Community Services (WVCS)* is looking for a Front Desk volunteer on Wednesdays from 8am-12pm. Volunteers at the Front Desk answer phones, process clients accessing the food pantry, schedule appointments for case managers, and help with general administrative tasks. If you have experience as a receptionist or would like experience, this is a great opportunity in a fun and meaningful environment.
We ask that volunteers for this position volunteer for the same shift each week, for at least 4 months, ideally longer. Learn more at Volunteer Orientation to see if volunteering your time at the Front Desk may be a fit for you! You can always"shadow" the one shift before committing your time. Thank you!
*West Valley Community Services (WVCS) is a basic needs organization that serves people in need in the Cupertino, Los Gatos, Monte Sereno, Saratoga, and West San Jose areas. The mission of WVCS is to encourage the sharing of community resources, to provide basic human needs in a caring and dignified environment, and to provide opportunities for volunteers to participate in WVCS' activities.
- Administrative Support
- Office Reception
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- The same shift for a 4-month minimum commitment
- Food Pantry - Monday Morning
- Translator/Interpreter (as...
- Be a Financial Coach! (English...
- Food Pantry - Monday Mornings
- Grocery Pick-up - Wednesday...
- Grocery Pick-up - Monday...
- Receptionist - Wednesday Morning
- Grocery Pick-up - Friday...
- Grocery Pick-up - Thursday...
- Food Pantry - Tuesday Mornings
- Receptionist - Tuesday Afternoon