A Community & Marketing Director is the face of Steps of Success, managing communications in both directions. This digital-savvy employee is responsible for all communications, PR, social media, events, and content creation, among other things.
It’s a Web 2.0 communications role, incorporating online tools and in-person networking to create relationships and ultimately build the company’s brand, both online and off.
While every day as a Community Manager is different, this is what the role’s responsibilities may include:
1. Content creation - writing blog posts, articles, newsletters, communications materials, and material for social media channels
2. Social media marketing - creating, managing and growing the company’s presence through blogs, Twitter, Facebook, and other strategically relevant online properties
3. Events and event planning - attending industry events in your city (often outside of 9-5 hours) and planning meetups for your community
4. Public relations - promoting Steps of Success by visiting colleges in the Atlanta Metropolitan area and promotnig through word-of-mouth. Managing incoming media requests and building relationships with industry journalists; creating, executing and measuring media campaigns
5. Community relations - the Community Manager is often responsible for community support - answering questions however they come in (phone, e-mail, Twitter) and managing any online feedback forums such as GetSatisfaction pages
6. Communications/marketing strategy - the Community Manager is responsible for creating strategic marketing/communications plans to provide direction for the company’s public-facing communications
7. Analytics - Using Google Analytics and other measurement tools to provide reports on metrics, and continually find ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives
8. Business development - Depending on the company and depending on how senior the role is, a Community Manager can also be responsible for business development and sales
- Marketing Analytics
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- This opportunity involves individuals with 5 years experienc in the marketing sector.