- Plans and coordinates, with library staff input, the effective use of volunteers.
- Assesses volunteer staffing needs.
- Recruits volunteers.
- Reviews volunteer application forms and, in consultation with staff, determines probable placement.
- Assigns appropriate staff to conduct initial interviews and reference checks, and make final recommendations for placement.
- Oversees volunteer records and statistics.
- All volunteers must attend a volunteer orientation before beginning volunteering at the library
Volunteer orientations occur at Hanford Library in April & August.
Volunteer applications will be kept on file for six (6) months.
- Public Relations
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Minimun six months
- This position is mainly based at the Hanford Branch library. The summer reading program and other