The purpose of the Human Health Project (HHP) is to get health information and peer-to-peer support from the HHP community around the world in response to Health Experiences that are posted.
An HHP member creates a health Experience on HHP’s website at www.HumanHealthProject.org. This will keep all the information about this person's health Experience in one place for his/her review, as well as for people who will be sharing information and providing or receiving support.
Generally, information and support will be provided by members of the public who want to help people anonymously who have health conditions and questions.
Our goal is to improve access, self-management, equity, and affordability of health care throughout the world.
HHP is a nonprofit, noncommercial, volunteer-based organization promoting the health of individuals worldwide as a human right for all.
The Condition Community Champion will be an influential member of the online health community. Through social media tools such as blogs, Twitter, Pinterest, and Facebook pages, they drive the healthcare conversation online. They raise awareness of conditions, inform others about events, share information with others, discuss the needs of a condition and inspire others to do the same. Only people with experience of actively championing a condition in a community should apply for this position.
In order to apply for this position you need to currently be a medical condition champion, for example Diabetes, ALS, ME/CFS, Fibro, etc. Please do not respond to the ad unless you are already active in relation to a medical condition. Please tell us the condition you are a champion of in your reply to the ad.
- Implement the online condition community champion strategy, coordinating with stakeholders across the Company to ensure its effectiveness and providing superior quality of customer service and support to our community with the help of various communication tools
- Research, collect and share the best information and resources about health conditions, condition specific seminars and events
- Share stories, inspire and empower others, answer questions, offer resources, support and help others online
- Passionate about raising awareness for health causes
- Personal experience with one or more health conditions
- Eager and passionate about pursuing knowledge of certain conditions, dedicated to finding the best information and able to collect and share the knowledge with others
- Relentless in their commitment to help others
- Working operational knowledge and understanding of online social media tools (Forums, Blogs, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest etc.) and adept at using these tools to reach their communities
- Knowledge of the Company’s industry and targeted demographic’s culture, as well as internet culture
- Ability to effectively communicate information
- Team player, detail focused and reliable
- Good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly
- Have a good knowledge of principles of customer service
- Availability to work days, evening, nights, as well as weekends as and when required.
- Customer Service
- Social Media / Blogging
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Development Team Lead / Manager
- Research Geneticist
- Grant Writer
- Marketing Administrator
- PR Coordinator
- Evidence-Based Medicine Expert
- HHP Major Gifts Officer
- Senior Security Analyst
- Proposal Director
- Grant Researcher/Writer
- Director of Business Development
- Director of Development - Fund...
- Digital Video Producer
- VP / Director CRM
- Blog Writer
- Data Protection Legal Counsel
- Email Marketing Manager
- Video Designer/Producer
- Condition Community Champion