Volunteers should support the Mission, Values and Goals of The Fishing School. Our main priority is to prepare public school youth for middle school and beyond by building academic and life skills and by engaging them and their parents through intensive, multi-year programs and services.
The Fishing School (TFS) is seeking a dynamic, creative and thoughtful self-starter to assist marketing and communications efforts to convey the mission of TFS to the community and its constituents. The communications volunteer will help in various ways to get the word out about TFS.
- Research new sources of funding to support the ongoing operations of the organization.
- Maintain Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other media accounts.
- Provide aid in grant writing initiatives.
- Additional opportunities through related projects.
What We Require:
- Experience or interest in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or another related discipline.
- Must be computer literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of HTML, Photoshop, video editing software, and graphic design is a plus.
- Strong communication skills, with ability to effectively communicate in both oral and written English. Please submit a relevant work sample to be considered.
- Organized, with ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- Creativity and flexibility.
- Familiarity with social networking channels.
*Please be prepared to submit a resume and cover letter.
- Grant Writing / Research
- Database Administration
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Microsoft Office Suite
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible: M-F 9:00am - 5:00pm