Human Health Project (HHP) is a global nonprofit organization dedicated to helping individuals increase their health knowledge through the sharing of health information. HHP collects, analyzes, and shares health information to empower and inform individuals to achieve better health outcomes. Our patient-centered approach enables patients and caregivers to choose treatments based on evidence-based clinical data as well as the cumulative knowledge of the HHP community.
For more Information about HHP, please visit our website: https://www.humanhealthproject.org/
The Online Community Moderator will implement HHP’s Online Community Moderation Strategy, monitoring and moderating user-generated content to ensure that the online community is maintained as a safe environment. This role coordinates with the internal Community Management team to support its mission, ensuring a safe and legal community environment, promoting excellent customer service and helping to cultivate a strong community.
- Implement the online community moderation strategy, coordinating with stakeholders across the organization to ensure its effectiveness and providing superior quality of customer service and support to our community with the help of various communication tools
- Review and moderate all user-generated content and user profiles (either pre-, post- or reactive moderation) within forums, comments, images, videos and audio, liaising with the Legal and Community team where required
- Manage the banned user process, and track and remove previously banned users
- Maintain the Moderation Guidelines and ensure they are up to date
- Service Community Admin accounts, processing emails and complaints, escalating when necessary
- Moderate communities located in social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, and other similar social media outposts, adapting methodology where appropriate
- Produce reports on relevant moderation statistics, issues and outcomes
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring moderation and UGC volume, and analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of moderation policy
- Regularly feed back insights gained from community moderation into the Community team
- Monitor all industry and company information and news to anticipate potential issues
- Great knowledge of online legal issues and cool under pressure
- Minimum 6 months experience as a moderator in an online community or forum
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, and a proactive approach
- Working operational knowledge and understanding of online community platform moderation tools (Forums, Blogs, Photo Uploads, Commenting etc.)
- Knowledge of the organization’s industry and targeted demographic’s culture, as well as internet culture
- Ability to effectively communicate information and report statistics
- Team player, detail focused and reliable
- Good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly
- Have a good knowledge of principles of customer service
- Availability to work days, evening, nights, as well as weekends as and when required.
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Database Administration
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- HHP's Google AdWords Manager
- Grant Writer
- Marketing Administrator
- Lead UX/UI Designer
- Evidence-Based Medicine Expert
- CMO (Chief Marketing Officer)
- VP/Director Data Analytics
- Marketing Manager
- Director of Business Development
- Director of Development - Fund...
- Online Community Moderator
- Blog Writer
- Event Planner
- Executive Director - Data...
- Director of Marketing -...
- Social Media Manager
- Video Designer/Producer
- Condition Community Champion