Are you a meticulous organizer with a superb eye for detail? Come help make equal access to justice in our community a reality by assisting Eastside Legal Assistance Program (ELAP)’s main office in bringing legal services low income residents of the Eastside and survivors of domestic violence from all of King County. Since 1989, ELAP has provided a variety of civil legal services enabling equal access to justice including, one-on-one legal clinics, unbundled legal services, brief services, limited and full representation, and community education lectures.
Your role as the ELAP Case and Office Assistant will be to provide support for ELAP Attorneys and Staff to ensure efficient operation of ELAP programs and delivery of client services.
- Provide general clerical and office support including data input, processing and updating in MS Excel, donor database or client database*
- Scan or file documents
- Review and enter attorney notes into Legal Server after client’s legal clinic appointment
- Close cases requiring no further action
- Assign cases which require additional follow up in client database
- Follow up with legal clinic attorneys by phone or email when the attorney is providing additional services for a client
- Perform other office support tasks as requested
- Reports to ELAP Program Director
* Training will be provided.
This volunteer position requires coming in to the ELAP offices ten to twenty hours a week. We ask for a one year commitment to ELAP.
- Commitment to ELAP’s mission in promoting equal access to justice
- Excellent attention to detail and organization skills
- Strong experience using MS Excel and MS Word
- Ability to learn and work in databases
- Ability to complete tasks in an efficient manner meeting deadlines
- Applicants in law school or experienced with Little Green Lights and/or LegalServer encouraged to apply
This position is a great way to make a difference in your community by using your legal and administrative skills to serve vulnerable populations who may otherwise have no access to legal services. Statistics show that low income individuals and families have, on average, at least one situation each year where they require legal advice. The need is great as ever to improve accessibility to the legal system for residents. With your help, we aim to make equal access to justice a reality. Serving as an ELAP Case and Office Assistant is a terrific way to engage with your community while utilizing your legal and administrative skills.
To apply please submit a completed ELAP General Volunteer Application Form. Please be sure to indicate your schedule availability, length of commitment and what interests you in this position. We will contact you shortly to discuss your interest in this position. If you have any questions, please contact Ngoc Nguyen, ELAP Assistant Program Director at email@example.com or at 425-747-7274 Ext 207. Thank you for your commitment to equal access to justice.
- Internet Research
- Administrative Support
- Office Reception
- Community Outreach
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 10-20 hrs a week, 1 yr. commitment
- Commitment to ELAP’s mission in promoting equal access to justice<