Are you a meticulous organizer with a superb eye for detail? Come help make equal access to justice in our community a reality by assisting ELAP in bringing legal services to low income residents of the Eastside and survivors of domestic violence from all of King County. Your role as the ELAP the Program Assistant will be to provide support for ELAP’s Program Director to ensure the efficient operation of ELAP programs and delivery of client services.
Duties: (Training provided)
- Assist in the coordination, outreach and organizing of Know Your Rights Legal workshops in the community;
- Assist with logistics for Attorney Trainings (CLE’s);
- Review and enter attorney notes following clients legal clinic appointment;
- Provide general clerical and office support including data entry, and/or updating Excel forms;
- Assist with overall community outreach and maintaining relationships with organizational partners;
- Assist in problem solving regarding on various issues that arise in an office setting;
- Assist with managing Volunteer schedules and tasks;
- Assist in all aspects of Special events;
- Backup for Legal Clinic managers when necessary and if it fits your schedule;
- Reports to ELAP Program Director.
Days / Hours:
15 - 20 hours per week
We ask for a one-year commitment to ELAP.
- Excellent attention to detail and organization skills;
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus;
- Experience with community outreach and volunteer management;
- Experience using Outlook and MS programs;
- Willingness and ability to learn new things and do old things in a new way;
- Ability to complete tasks in an efficient manner meeting deadlines;
- Not afraid to ask questions and suggest ideas;
- Excellent written and oral communication;
- Great interpersonal skills and experience working in a multi-racial setting.
- Patient, good sense of humor, and serious about making a difference.
- High level of confidentiality required.
- Great way to make a difference in the community by using your skills to serve vulnerable populations and make equal access to justice a reality;
- Access to trainings for non-profit civil legal need organizations;
- Opportunity to work with experienced and committed professional in the field of civil legal aid.
Go to www.elap.org and complete ELAP General Volunteer Application Form. Include resume.
- Administrative Support
- Basic Computer Skills
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Social Media / Blogging
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 15-20 hrs a week, 1 yr. commitment
- Commitment to ELAP’s mission in promoting equal access to justice<