The Advisory Council shall function in an advisory capacity to the Sponsor (Mills-Peninsula Health Services) and assist the Project Coordinators and in matters affecting planning, support and significant program and personnel staffing decisions, including the formation of basic local policies for the activities of the Retired & Senior Volunteer Program, and Foster Grandparents.
Advises and supports the Project Directors in forming local policy, planning and developing operational procedures and practices consistent with policies.
Assists the Sponsor by promoting community support for the project, advises on personnel action affecting volunteers and project Staff; and assists in planning and promoting the mobilization of financial and in-kind resources.
Appraises all three project operations annually and submits a report to the Sponsor and CNCS. Promote constructive relationships with community's key individuals and agencies. Help plan, implement and participate in Volunteer Recognition events.
To help the Sponsor and Project Directors in solicitation of gifts and grants from individuals, corporations and foundation.
Each Advisory Council member is expected to: Attend monthly meetings. Actively participate in the functioning of one or more committees. Be available for individual consultation to the Project Directors. Abide by the Bylaws of Senior Focus Volunteer Services.
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Event Design & Planning
- Group Facilitation
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- 1 monthly meeting
- Reading Tutor - Reading Partners
- Kitchen/ Food Pantry - Samaritan...
- Habitat For Humanity Greater SF...
- Radio Operator - Blackberry...
- Early Literacy Program - Avenidas
- Society of St. Vincent de Paul -...
- Samaritan House - Administration...
- Homeless Help Kitchen - Society...
- Get up & Go Volunteer
- Mills-Peninsula Health Services
- Caring Cupboard - City of San...
- Senior Nutrition
- SFO Travelers Information
- Monkey Toy Project - Los Altos...
- Meals on Wheels
- Peninsula Family Service - 70...
- San Mateo County Sheriff's Office
- Friendship Center Host/ Hostess-...
- Project Read Literacy Tutor
- Habitat for Humanity Greater SF...