Walden West Foundation Board Member - Treasurer
The Walden West Foundation Board is seeking an additional board member to join the board in the position of Treasurer. The Treasurer will serve as a member of the Walden West Foundation Board and perform fiscal tasks on behalf of the Foundation Board.
Summary: The Treasurer will perform a variety of tasks including account reconciliations, preparation of the annual foundation tax return, assist in the development of the foundation budget, and prepare financial reports for the board. The Treasurer reports to the Walden West Foundation Board and collaborates with the Director of Walden West. There are no payroll or Form 1099 (payments to contractors) responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare the monthly financial statements
- Present the financials to the Board and funding partners
- Maintain the general ledger and reconcile the accounts
- Assist in the development of the Foundation budget
- Prepare budget to actual reports
- Prepare the annual tax return, Form 990
- Familiararity with Form 990 requirements and process
- Have general accounting skills and experience
- Be self-directed, willing to take initiative, and detail-oriented
- Respect and maintain confidentiality of Walden West Foundation volunteers, partners, and donors
- Have basic computer skills and familiarity with basic financial software tools
Approximately one late afternoon/evening meeting per month. Two hours plus travel time to the meeting. Approximately two additional hours per month to maintain records and prepare reports and forms.
Interested volunteers should send a brief letter of interest and resume to Anita Parsons, Walden West Director at email@example.com. The names and contact information for nominations of potential volunteers can also be sent to Anita Parsons.
- Financial Auditing
- ETC / Tax Assistance
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- 4 hours per month. 2 in the evening; 2 open-ended