Come bargain hunt, donate, and volunteer with us!
In response to the generosity of our community supporters' donations,'Everything Under the Rainbow: A Community Thrift Store' is currently seeking merchandise inventory volunteers.
Volunteering with us is rewarding, fun, and convenient with flexible scheduling around our location just blocks from El Cerrito Plaza BART!
ABOUT US: Everything Under the Rainbow, a social venture of the Rainbow Community Center, was envisioned as an opportunity to improve the socioeconomic status of the LGBTQ community in Contra Costa by providing employment opportunities in an inclusive community environment.
Opportunity Summary: This position coordinates directly with the store manager and collaborates with our volunteer manager. The position offers flexibility in scheduling, ideal candidate lives within a commutable distance to our Rainbow Community Center main office. Help us spread the word, including:
- Creating a supportive, friendly, clean and and organized thrift store
- Helping other volunteers, as well as the store managers, with merchandise inventory
- Graciously receive new donations, glean 'teasures' and 'best sellers' from donations, help us keep the store's appearance inviting by rotating inventor
- Shared value for the mission, values and vision of the Rainbow Community Center of Contra Costa
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Sorting and Preparation of donation items
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to lift upto 30 lbs when needed
This position collaborates directed to Everything Under the Rainbow's store manager, and coordinates with our assistant manager, and RCC volunteer manager.
CULTURAL COMPETENCIES: Commitment to the core values of the Rainbow Community Center, including the cultivation of a safe, supportive and respectful environment for all people, of all ages, regardless of sex, gender, preference, socio-economic status, ethnicity, race, cultures and or faith tradition.
Benefits of Volunteering:
* A chance to user your strengths in organization, and customer service, AND passion for advocacy and education in support of a great cause!
* Increase understanding of our mission and vision
* Flexible schedule and hours
* Recommendation or letter of reference
* Orientation prior to volunteering
* E-mail us at email@example.com to express your interest
* You are invited to attend an information session and orientation
* After which time you will receive training on RCC social media policy and
* Meet with our store manager to discuss projects planning in line with your interests, strengths, and availability.
(Make sure to tell us what position your interested in, and where you heard about us)
Thank you for your interest in sharing your time with us in support of Rainbow Community Center!
Who: Rainbow Community Center Where: 6491 Portola Dr. El Cerrito, CA , USA
Contact: Kas Shields: Volunteer Manager , 925.566.8078, firstname.lastname@example.org // CC: Luz Venegas : Site Manager, Luz@rainbowcc.org
Min Age: 16 Impact:
- Customer Service
- Inventory Management
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Open ! 1hr- 5 hrs