Do you enjoy bringing positive change to people through books? Do you want to exercise your sharp mind and technical eye for detail?
Healaura Education Society (HES) aims to increase the ability of people and especially youth to participate actively in the development of a harmonious and sustainable society, to encourage and develop mutual listening, understanding and tolerance towards other people from different backgrounds or cultures, and to be an active and contributing member in our communities.
Your strong editing background and interest in bringing educational materials will help people around the world better their relationships with themselves, their loved ones, their communities and their environment.
This position can be an on-site or a virtual volunteer opportunity.
Volunteer Job Description:
- Stylistic editing for smoothness while maintaining author’s voice
- Copyediting for spelling, punctuation, grammar, and syntax
- Ensuring consistency in spelling, usage, and tone
- Clarifying meaning by making suggestions
Volunteer Job Requirements:
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Proficient computer skills; ability to use software such as Microsoft Office or OpenOffice
- Ability to commit to 4 hours volunteering per week
- Education in editing and writing would be an asset
We ask that you commit 4 hours per week. The hours are flexible - work the times that fit for you. We are a team that works different hours of the day so if you volunteer virtually with us we will be in contact primarily by email, Skype or phone.
Note: When contacting us, please send your resume and examples of your writing, including any editing work you have done previously.
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 3-5 hours a week
- Relevant degree or certification in book editing