Exhibit Facilitators help children explore the hands-on science exhibits at CuriOdyssey through conversation, extra materials, and activities--encouraging children to freely investigate, play, and experiment with scientific phenomena such as air currents, sound, magnetism, light, energy, and mechanics.
- Interpret hands-on science exhibits on an informal basis.
- Lead science based activities
- As questions which encourage children to think at a deeper level.
- Serve as a general source of information and assistance for visitors.
- Assist with basic exhibit maintenance.
Time Commitment: One regularly scheduled 3-hour shift for 7 weeks during the summer (June-August). Shift options: 9:30am-12:30pm, Tuesday-Sunday, and 12:00-3:00pm
Required:Training in June.
Minimum Age Requirement: Entering 11th grade or above in Fall 2015 preferred. Highly qualified entering 10th graders will be considered. This position is designed for high school and college students. Other adults are also welcome to apply.
To Apply: Complete the CuriOdyssey online application at www(dot)CuriOdyssey(dot)org. Priority consideration to those who apply by May 1.
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Math / Science Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Seven 3-hour shifts this summer
- Training in June.Must be entering 10th grade or above in Fall 2015.