The Leadership Development Program(LDP) at CuriOdyssey is designed for middle and high school students interested in science and working with children. Most students entering the program will be entering 8th-9th grade next Fall. Students entering 10th-12th grades are welcome to apply. Most volunteers continue in the program through high school.
Once trained, these Leader In Training volunteers contribute at least 80 hours of volunteer service over the course of the summer, plus 8 hours during the school year at special events:
- Assist staff in educating campers
- Supervise and serve as role models for campers
- Help prepare camp materials and activities for the day
- Work with other LITs and museum staff to develop and facilitate science based hands-on activities
Volunteers must first be accepted into the program and then attend training through the CuriOdyssey Leadership Development Camp June 25-29.
LDP application packet is available in the volunteer section of the CuriOdyssey(dot)org website. Application is due March 15. Students with the best applications will be invited to interview.
- People Skills
- Math / Science Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 80 hours during summer and 8 during school year
- Must be entering 7th-12th grade next Fall to apply.Enrollment in June 15-19 Leadership D