The purpose of the Human Health Project (HHP) is to get health information and peer-to-peer support from the HHP community around the world in response to Health Experiences that are posted.
An HHP member creates a health Experience on HHP’s website at www.HumanHealthProject.org. This will keep all the information about this person's health Experience in one place for his/her review, as well as for people who will be sharing information and providing or receiving support.
Generally, information and support will be provided by members of the public who want to help people anonymously who have health conditions and questions.
Our goal is to improve access, self-management, equity, and affordability of health care throughout the world.
HHP is a nonprofit, noncommercial, volunteer-based organization promoting the health of individuals worldwide as a human right for all.
The Director of Development's role is to assure the successful execution of the company’s business mission through development and deployment of the company’s web presence. This requires envisioning the company’s service offerings as a web-based business, leading implementation of web applications, and planning for risk and growth.
Strategy & Planning
- In partnership with the company’s founders, identify opportunities and risks for delivering the company’s services as a web-based business, including identification of competitive services, opportunities for innovation, and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles to the business success.
- Identify technology trends and evolving social behavior that may support or impede the success of the business.
- Evaluate and identify appropriate technology platforms (including web application frameworks and the deployment stack) for delivering the company’s services.
- Lead strategic planning to achieve business goals by identifying and prioritizing development initiatives and setting timetables for the evaluation, development, and deployment of all web-based services.
- Participate as a member of the senior management team in establishing governance processes of direction and control to ensure that objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately and the organization’s resources are used responsibly.
- Direct development and execution of an enterprise-wide information security plan that protects the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the company’s data and servers.
- Communicate the company’s technology strategy to investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders.
Implementation & Deployment
- Collaborate with a User Experience Designer and potential customers to prepare wireframes or mockups of a prototype of the company’s web application.
- As a member of the senior management team, participate in the selection of a graphic designer who will create the company corporate identity and design the web application’s look and feel. Ensure that the graphic designer has sufficient web experience, follows guidelines established in the User Experience design process, and delivers assets that can be easily adapted to web requirements.
- Appropriately analyze and refine company’s software development methodology.
- Establish a specification conformance and testing regimen based on user stories and the User Experience design.
- Enforce coding conventions and documentation standards.
- Review current best practices for the selected web framework and appropriately refine architecture for the application.
- Establish and supervise a quality assurance process, including integration and system testing.
- Review and approve proposed development releases and manage the release process.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices by attending relevant conferences and reading widely (including reading your peers’ blogs!).
- Ensure that technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organization.
- Share knowledge, mentor, and educate the organization’s investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders with regard to the company’s technological vision, opportunities, and challenges.
- Develop, track, and control the development and deployment annual operating and capital budgets for purchasing, staffing, and operations.
- Supervise recruitment, training, retention, and organization of all development staff in accordance with the company hiring process, personnel policies, and budget requirements.
- Ensure the company’s internal technological processes and customer-facing services comply with community expectations and applicable laws and regulations for privacy, security, and social responsibility.
Formal Education & Certification
- University degree in the field of computer science, business administration, or another rigorous discipline. An advanced degree in one these fields is a plus.
Knowledge & Experience
- Demonstrated ability to envision web-based services that meet consumer needs or solve business problems.
- A Minimum 5 years experience managing web application development.
- Hands-on experience coding in more than one currently popular web application framework.
- Familiar with more than one software development methodology.
- Ability to discern user requirements and develop specifications.
- Experience with Laravel is mandatory.
- Knowledge of web standards.
- Experience with UNIX system administration and web server configuration.
- Knowledge of Internet protocols and RFC standards, database management systems, and version control systems.
- Familiarity with technical requirements of Internet marketing and search engine optimization.
- Familiarity with information security vulnerabilities and risk management.
- Familiarity with consumer privacy and payments industry compliance requirements.
- Exposure to business theory, business process development, governance processes, management, budgeting, and administrative operations.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional service orientation.
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- IT Strategy
- Website Project Management
- Information Architecture
- Security / Network Administration
- IT Management
- Mobile Programming
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- HHP's Google AdWords Manager
- Grant Writer
- Marketing Administrator
- Director of Development
- Evidence-Based Medicine Expert
- Marketing Manager
- Director of Business Development
- Director of Development - Fund...
- Online Community Moderator
- Blog Writer
- Event Planner
- Executive Director - Data...
- Director of Marketing -...
- Social Media Manager
- Video Designer/Producer
- Condition Community Champion