'Everything Under the Rainbow: A Community Thrift Store,' is looking for a Retail Jedi to join our growing team of volunteers!
ABOUT US: Everything Under the Rainbow, a social venture of the Rainbow Community Center, was envisioned as an opportunity to improve the socioeconomic status of the LGBTQ community in Contra Costa by providing employment opportunities in an inclusive community environment.
Opportunity Summary: A love for community, laughter, and fun required! Intuitive and creative ability to meet customer needs.
The Retail Jedi aka Sales Associate :) works to provide first-rate customer and donor services, maximizing sales and to support the daily operations of Everything Under the Rainbow: A Community thrift store.
- You are the first shining smile our community supporters see, greeting and assisting visitors!
- Assisting with marketing the shop in our neighborhood, e.g. event flyers, etc.
- Conducting and completing sales, in collaboration with the store manager
- Taking photos of 'weekly treasures’ for our social media platforms and website (3-5 weekly)
- Process donated merchandise, maintaining cleanliness and organization of sales floor
- Ensure that inventory and pricing guidelines are complied with and maintained
- Connect with and celebrate relationships with community supporters via social media (Facebook, Pinterest)
- Touch base with store manager when needed, with questions, and or ideas for fun projects!
- Flexible scheduling, commitment of at least 2-4 so we can make your experience meaningful.
- Previous retail experience not required but welcome, creativity, friendliness and sense of humor.
- Strong commitment to ethics, honesty and integrity
- Ability to stand for 4 hours at a time
- Ability to lift 20-25 lbs. if needed
This position collaborates directed to Everything Under the Rainbow's store manager and assistant manager.
CULTURAL COMPETENCIES: Commitment to the core values of the Rainbow Community Center, including the cultivation of a safe, supportive and respectful environment for all people, of all ages, regardless of sex, gender, preference, socio-economic status, ethnicity, race, cultures and or faith tradition.
Benefits of Volunteering:
* It's more fun with friends - invite them to apply and bring a volunteer group!
* Increase understanding of our mission and vision
* Recommendation or letter of reference
* Orientation prior to volunteering, including training in use of social media usage and policies
* E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest
* You are invited to attend an information session and orientation
* After which time you will receive training on RCC social media policy and
* Meet with our store manager to discuss projects planning in line with your interests, strengths, and availability.
(Make sure to tell us what position your interested in, and where you heard about us)
Thank you for your interest in sharing your time with us in support of Rainbow Community Center!Date: Wed. through Saturdays, 11:45 am to 2 pm, 2pm to 5:30pm.
Volunteers are welcome to contribute more than one 3-hour block of service.
Who: Rainbow Community Center Where: , Concord, CA , USA //Thrift Store located at 6491 Portola Dr. El Cerrito, CA 94530
Contact: Kas Shields: Volunteer Manager 925.566.8078, email@example.com //CC: Luis Venegas: Site Manager, Luis@rainbowcc.org
Min Age: 16
- People Skills
- Retail / Sales
- Community Outreach
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- We are open ! 1 hr- 5 hrs