At World of Speed, we are all about motorsports. From drag racing and land speed records to hydroplanes and NASCAR, we love it all! Our educational museum features historic race cars, boats and motorcycles that tell the story of motorsports culture. Through interactive exhibits and hands-on activities, the museum offers visitors a behind-the-scenes view of the racing world.
World of Speed Docents are the front-line guides who educate visitors about World of Speed exhibits, and occasionally provide guided tours of the museum.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interact with visitors, answer questions and provide information about exhibits.
- Protect displays.
- Ensure visitors are adhering to museum rules and regulations.
- Ensure exhibits and displays are in good, working condition.
- Guide visitors on tours of the museum.
- Assist in the maintenance and appearance of the museum by organizing supplies in the Start Line Club and keeping the space clean.
- Must have knowledge and appreciation of motorsports.
- Willing and able to adhere to and uphold World of Speed standards and guidelines when giving tours and interacting with visitors.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Group speaking experience.
- Willing and able to maintain rules and regulations.
- Friendly, service-oriented, and positive attitude.
- Ability and willingness to listen and effectively communicate with people of diverse backgrounds and age levels.
- Reliable and honest.
- Adult Education
- General Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours a month