*Daytime availability (M-F)*Hospitality/Resource Coordination Volunteers work closely with the Resource Coordinator to procure household items and furniture donations and assist with setting up the apartments of new arrivals.
- Assist staff with the coordination of donations
- Assist with the set up of apartments for new arrivals, working to creating a welcoming, culturally sensitive environment
- Be respectful of the refugee family and their cultural mores
- Submit activity reports & monthly hours in a timely manner
- Maintain confidentiality
- Interest in learning about refugees and their transition to life in Portland
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English
We could also use a couple of volunteers willing to assist with the pickup of donations and drop off at our warehouse. A truck or van is great and we can potentially clear volunteers to drive the Refugee Resettlement van if necessary. We could also use a regular volunteer who wants to maintain, sort & organize the small household items in the storage space at our office.
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Ideally, a minimum of 4 hours one weekday
- Daytime/Weekday availability Ability to lift and move furniture & boxes. Ability to navigate stairsD
- Get Crafty with Refugee and...
- Teach Summer School with Refugee...
- Summer School Coordinator for...
- Set up apartments for arriving...
- Help Empower Adults to Make...
- Teach Summer School to Refugee...
- Assist Refugees in Resettlement
- Classroom helper for Refugee and...
- Get Artsy with Refugee and...
- School's Out Summer Program...