Business Advisor: Help underrepresented young adult entrepreneurs build their business
DONATE TO THIS
30 people are interested
VOLUNTEER POSITION: BUSINESS ADVISOR
Do you want to help underrepresented young aspiring business owners (ages 18 to 29) make their business idea a reality?
To become a business advisor, go to skysthelimit.org to join!
BENEFITS OF VOLUNTEERING WITH SKY'S THE LIMIT:
- Support your community: Volunteer business advisors and mentors can give back their time and talents to help build the next generation of business owners.
- Gain a valuable experience: Witness the direct impact of your contributions on the life of a young entrepreneur as you support them in achieving their business dreams. The impact of micro business ownership is huge - you will enable young people to create a new source of income, develop marketable skills and enhance their sense of empowerment and dignity.
- Volunteer on your terms: Volunteer as little or as much as you want, virtually or in person and on an as-available basis.
HOW IT WORKS:
- We use our digital platform at skysthelimit.org to get to know our volunteer business advisors & mentors and make high quality matches with underserved young entrepreneurs.
- Volunteers and entrepreneurs then work together to build businesses, learn new skills, and make meaningful connections!
HOW YOU’LL SUPPORT:
- Advisors support young entrepreneurs in a specific area of their business.
- For example, lawyers can provide legal and regulatory tips, digital marketers can provide feedback about a marketing plan, bookkeepers can help set up Quickbooks.
- Advisors make a short-term commitment, meeting with an entrepreneur periodically over at least one month. Advisors will typically meet with their entrepreneur 1-20 times per project.
- Have real world business experience
- Have expertise in a specific arena (e.g. legal, finance, branding, accounting, funding)
- Able to provide structured feedback and support across the early stages of the entrepreneurial journey
- Strong ability to build trust
To become a business advisor, go to skysthelimit.org to join! We look forward to meeting you!
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Youth Services
- Business Development
- Business Planning
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Must be at least 28
- Orientation or Training
- Variable - completely up to the volunteer
- Interest in working with underserved young adult entrepreneurs