Inspiring Someone with Special Interests is Easier than you Think! Become an iRISE2 MENTOR!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
109 people are interested
Come learn the A-B-C’s of iRISE 2 Mentoring! iRISE 2, Interest and Relationships Impacting Social Engagement and Employment, Mentoring Program is a one-to-one program aimed at providing support and friendship through social engagement and exploring employment interests with your protégé.
A: Attend this upcoming orientation and learn about our new iRISE 2 (Interest and Relationships Impacting Social Engagement and Employment) Mentoring Program for high functioning individuals impacted by autism ages 11-22. You will learn: the role of a mentor, protégé enrollment, mentor training opportunities, and how to apply.
B: Background Screening/Interview
C: Connect with your Protégé
Become matched with an individual based on interests and location.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older
- Open to maintaining a 1 year mentoring relationship
- Minimum of 4-6 hours a month
- Valid Driver’s License and Auto Insurance
- Successfully Complete Volunteer Background Screening
- Maintain monthly contact with the Mentoring Program Coordinator
"The delicate balance of mentoring someone is not creating them in your own image, but giving them the opportunity to create themselves." Steven Spielberg
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About FAU Center for Autism and Related Disablities
777 GLADES ROAD, ED-47 Room 476, BOCA RATON, FL 33431, US
CARD provides support and assistance with the goal of optimizing the potential of people with autism and related disabilities.
FAU CARD is a community-based program providing assistance and supports to people with autism spectrum disorder and related disabilities, their families, the professionals serving them, and the community. FAU CARD was established by the Florida Legislature, and is funded by the Florida Department of Education, to provide free services and supports to eligible constituents throughout our five county service area.
We'll work with your schedule.
777 Glades RoadBoca Raton, FL 33431
- Child Development
- Special Needs
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Computer Science
- Professional Development
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 4-6 hours a month; based on mentor's availability
- 1-year commitment; Attend free evidence-based mentor trainings; No experience required