Curriculum & Programming Support
Mental Health Association GC (MHAGC)
This volunteer will help in the updating and implementation of the MHAGC educational programs, working with Ed and other volunteers and staff to analyze, assess, improve and expand the educational programs currently available.
- Design, develop, update and review new and existing curriculum content, training materials, training modules, and other programs
- Manage delivery aspects of curriculum
- Help MHAGC identify programming needs
- Assist MHAGC Identify new programming opportunities
- Help with the implementation of programming and the training/onboarding of facilitators and volunteers
- 3-5 hours per week - Flexible -what works for you
Experience with the design, development and implementation of educational curriculum. Online education and webinar expertise a plus.
About Mental Health Association GC (MHAGC)
6323 N. Avondale Avenue, Suite 252, Chicago, IL 60631, US
MISSION The mission of MHAGC is to maximize the mental and emotional wellness of our communities by promoting prevention and increasing empowerment through our education and support programs. VISION The Mental Health Association of Greater Chicago is working to ensure that all members of our community have the opportunity to live full lives, free from the stigma and prejudice associated with mental health issues. We strive to empower individuals to maintain and improve their mental health; while giving people with the tools necessary to identify situations in which they should seek help for themselves or someone close to them.
Welcome to the MHAGC volunteer page!
Thank you for considering MHAGC; we are delighted that are you interested in learning more about us and what we do. Volunteers form the core of our organization. We believe that volunteers are front and central to our success as we work to expand our reach and realize our vision. Please see www.mhagcusa.org or call us for more information about us, our programs and/or services.
There are a number of steps involved in becoming volunteer:
1) Select a volunteer position!
2) After reviewing your request, we will reach out to you by email to begin the process. Please attach your resume.
3) If you are a good match for a position, you will be invited to come into the MHAGC office for an introductory meeting or to schedule a time to talk on the phone.
4) The volunteer packet will be presented, reviewed and signed. As some of our programs contain information and content that is proprietary, you may be asked to complete a confidentiality and conflict of interest agreement.
5) Volunteering can begin!
Please note: MHAGC volunteer positions focus on leadership, outreach, fundraising, and administration. Other than the support group roles (still in development) we cannot offer volunteer positions that have direct contact with individuals with mental illness or mental health related issues.