12 people are interested
Companion Volunteers: Hospice Care
12 people are interested
Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care is looking for caring individuals who are willing to give their time and compassion to support patients and families dealing with terminal illness.
The following outlines basic information about our current volunteer opportunities:
* Patient Care Volunteers - Offer companionship, a calming presence, and relief care. Reading, reminiscing, looking through photo albums, and light conversation with our patients and families.
* Spiritual Care Volunteers - Provide a compassionate spiritual presence through poetry, special readings, prayer and meditation. May also support the needs of our growing bereavement team.
* Office or Administrative Care Volunteers - Support the many different administrative roles in the office. Help with filing, mailings, packets, medical supply stock, and other special projects during office hours.
* Circle of Care Volunteers - Engage with our hospice community by providing a weekly quality assurance phone call to our home patients. Customer service experience a plus. Can be done in the comfort of your own home.
* Veteran to Veteran Volunteers - Offer companionship and presence to those who have served in the United States Armed Forces. Sharing "war stories", participate in We Honor Veteran Ceremonies, engage in life review or Veteran’s history project, and replacing of lost medals.
* Musical Companion Volunteers - Partner with our Music Therapist to provide harmonious and relaxing melodies that bring joy and enhance quality of life.
* Complementary Therapy Volunteers - Individuals who practice Reiki, Yoga, Therapeutic Touch, Massage or Aroma Therapy. Must be licensed and/or certified within your specific area.
* Loyal Friends Pet Team - Bring fury smiles to our patients and families through our Animal Assisted Visitation and Companionship Team. Handlers must join our volunteer program. Pets must be registered/certified with Pet Partners, TDI, or other accredited therapy dog association.
Comprehensive volunteer orientation, health screenings, and training is required and provided free of charge. As a member of our Hospice Interdisciplinary Team, ongoing support and education opportunities are also available.
The time commitment for volunteering is flexible and based on the individual’s availability. Most correspondence can be done by phone, mail, or email, eliminating the need to come to the offices on a regular basis. Seasons Hospice and Palliative Care serves most of Connecticut which provides ample opportunities in your local area.
Should you or someone you know be interested in Volunteering or Interning with Seasons Hospice and Palliative Care, please visit www.seasons.org/volunteer or contact our Manager of Volunteer Services & Community Outreach, Alexa Isenhart, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-490-1155. We would be honored to speak to you about the many opportunities we have available and how you can make difference in your community.
About Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care
1579 Straits Turnpike, Unit 1-E, Middlebury, CT 06762, US
Our Mission: Honoring Life ~ Offering Hope ~ Our Vision is to: recognize that individuals and families are the true experts in their own care; support our staff so they can put our patients and families first; find creative solutions which add quality to life; strive for excellence beyond accepted standards; increase the community’s awareness of hospice as part of the continuum of care.
Seasons Hospice is a community-based organization with an ongoing mission to find creative solutions that add quality to end-of-life care. The caregivers at Seasons Hospice hold steadfast to the patient/family focus of hospice care.
People facing a terminal condition often express the same concerns. They worry about pain and fear abandonment. To ease these universal apprehensions, Seasons Hospice makes two promises to our patients and their families.
- We promise to enhance the quality of time by ensuring that neither pain nor declining symptoms will diminish the character of a patient’s remaining days, weeks or months.
- We promise our patients and families that they will not feel alone.
near your home or office1579 Straits TurnpikeMiddlebury, CT 06762
October 25, 2021
- Spiritual Healing
- Veteran Care
- Patient Care
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5 - 15 hours a month
- TB testing (paid for by Seasons Hospice)