Raise awareness about mental health issues & community resources!
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where6600 York RoadSuite 204Baltimore, MD 21212
The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) is the nation's largest grassroots organization dedicated to improving the lives of persons living with serious mental illness and their families. NAMI-Metro Baltimore participates in community events, fairs, and festivals to introduce the organization, its mission, and its resources to the community. Events are typically held at universities, faith-based organizations, and community organizations.
▪ Prior to the event date, pick up resource materials from NAMI office.
▪ Man the booth at the event. Tasks include greeting members of the public, answering general questions about NAMI, distributing resources and materials, and encouraging interested individuals to sign up for our email list.
▪ Comfortable being out in the community. Some venues may be crowded.
▪ General, working knowledge of mental illness and NAMI’s mission. Fact sheets and talking points will be provided.
- People Skills
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Typically 2-6 hours per event
- “People skills” & a friendly face! Sitting or standing for extended periods
- What is it like to hear voices?...
- Do you have a loved one with a...
- Does your child/adolescent have...
- Become a Senior Mentor!
- Are you living well in recovery?...
- Are you ready to open up about...
- Are you living well with a...
- Have you cared for a loved one...
- Help us advocate for and bring...
- Raise awareness about mental...