Help raise awareness about mental health issues!
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where6600 York RoadSuite 204Baltimore, MD 21212
The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) is the nation's largest grassroots organization dedicated to improving the lives of persons living with serious mental illness and their families. NAMI-Metro Baltimore participates in community events, fairs, and festivals to introduce the organization, its mission, and its resources to the community. Events are typically held at universities, faith-based organizations, and community organizations. NAMI also holds Monthly Information Meetings throughout the community to educate the audience about relevant mental health topics.
▪ Prior to the event date, pick up resource materials from NAMI office.
▪ Man the booth at the event. Tasks include greeting members of the public, answering general questions about NAMI, distributing resources and materials, and encouraging interested individuals to sign up for our email list.
▪ Assist with set-up for Monthly Informational Meetings, including greeting and check-in of guests.
▪ Comfortable being out in the community. Some venues may be crowded.
▪ General, working knowledge of mental illness and NAMI’s mission. Fact sheets and talking points will be provided.
- People Skills
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Typically 2-6 hours per event
- “People skills” & a friendly face! Sitting or standing for extended periods
- What is it like to hear voices?...
- Who better to talk about mental...
- Calling all artists! Fight...
- Do you have a loved one with a...
- Do you have experience...
- Is it time to share your story?...
- Are you living well in recovery?...
- Volunteer Peer Facilitators...
- Do you know what it's like to...
- Help raise awareness about...