Raise awareness about mental health issues & community resources!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
68 people are interested
The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) is the nation's largest grassroots organization dedicated to improving the lives of persons living with serious mental illness and their families. NAMI-Metro Baltimore participates in community events, fairs, and festivals to introduce the organization, its mission, and its resources to the community. Events are typically held at universities, faith-based organizations, and community organizations.
▪ Prior to the event date, pick up resource materials from NAMI office.
▪ Man the booth at the event. Tasks include greeting members of the public, answering general questions about NAMI, distributing resources and materials, and encouraging interested individuals to sign up for our email list.
▪ Comfortable being out in the community. Some venues may be crowded.
▪ General, working knowledge of mental illness and NAMI’s mission. Fact sheets and talking points will be provided.
We'll work with your schedule.
6600 York RoadSuite 204Baltimore, MD 21212
- People Skills
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Typically 2-6 hours per event
- “People skills” & a friendly face! Sitting or standing for extended periods