The Community Connections program trains volunteers to provide assistance to seniors in the Saratoga County, New York. Our Mission is to help seniors age in place and maintain an independent lifestyle by providing assistance when needed.
Our in house trained volunteers will provide supportive services to seniors age 50 and over at no cost. Services may include friendly visits, transportation, respite assistance, shopping and errands, household chores, and/ or telephone calls to "check in"
- All seniors who need community support or assistance with services
- Caregivers who need respite, "an extra set of hands" or assistance with routine tasks in or outside the home
- Volunteers give back to their communities with the time and skills that match their lifestyle
- Our community benefits from matching caring people with those in need
WE NEED VOLUNTEERS OF ALL AGES 18+:
Our volunteers are recruited from the community and are trained and matched with care recipients. Volunteers assist with tasks that appeal to their interest, skills and time restraints, according to their own schedule. Perfect volunteering opportunity for college students home for the summer!
- People Skills
- Elder care
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- As your time allows
- .Three references, Photo ID, Declaration of Insurance, Background check