The Longest Day is a signature event to raise funds and awareness for the Alzheimer's Association. Celebrated annually on the summer solstice, the duration of this sunrise-to-sunset event symbolizes the challenging journey of those living with the disease and their caregivers. Teams are encouraged to create their own experience as they fundraise and participate in an activity they love to honor someone facing the disease.
The Alzheimer's Association Miami Valley Chapter is looking for individuals passionate about fundraising and determined to fight Alzheimer's disease for The Longest Day Volunteer Committee.
Examples of Volunteer Committee responsibilities are:
- Recruit Team Captains and/or Event Hosts to start teams.
- Connect with past participants to re-engage them in event.
- Cultivate relationships with Team Captains, Event Hosts and participants, and provide coaching and ideas on how to raise funds, recruit team members and plan their activity.
- Participate in monthly meetings or conference calls with other Committee members and staff.
- Be knowledgeable about the mission of the Alzheimer’s Association.
- Become familiar with online tools, resources and registration process.
- Participate in kickoff and post-event celebrations.
The time commitment of a Volunteer Committee member is one year, with most activity taking place from November through July. Chapter staff will provide support and actively assist your efforts by providing clear communication and answers to questions, event materials and any toolsyou may need. We will work together to make this a rewarding and enjoyable experience of course an incredible event for The Longest Day participants!
- Community Outreach
- Relationship Building
- Strategic Planning
- Public Relations
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training