The Longest Day is a unique sunrise-to-sunset team fundraising event to honor the strength, heart and endurance of those affected by Alzheimer's disease. Held on June 21st--the summer solstice--teams will complete an activity of their choice to raise awareness and funds for the care, support and research efforts of the Alzheimer's Association. We need your help to make The Longest Day happen!
We're looking for volunteers to join The Longest Day committee. The committee is responsible for creating awareness for and marking The Longest Day; recruiting teams; coaching and supporting teams; and partnering with local organizations. The committee is virtual, which allows you to work from the comfort of your home. We will provide you with all the training and resources to have a successful volunteer experience, plus we have regular committee calls to keep in touch. Meetings will be held virtually once or twice a month for one hour.
To learn more about The Longest Day, please visit www.alz.org/tld.
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours a week
- Minimum 6 month commitment
- Media Relations Volunteer
- Office Volunteer
- Modesto Walk to End Alzheimer's
- Sacramento Walk to End Alzheimer's
- Helpline Volunteer
- Marketing and Social Media...
- Community Outreach Volunteer
- Support Group Facilitator
- Community Educator
- The Longest Day Committee
- Become an Alzheimer's Advocate!
- Stanislaus Community Outreach...
- Help us end Alzheimer's!
- Latino Community Outreach...
- Sacramento Walk to End...
- San Joaquin Community Outreach...
- Medical Outreach Volunteer
- Stockton Walk to End Alzheimer's
- Fab 40's 5K Volunteer