Are you outgoing? Do you want to get more involved in the fight against Alzheimer's disease? If you answered yes, we need your help!
The Alzheimer's Association, Northern California and Northern Nevada, is looking for volunteers to help us with our national signature event, The Longest Day. You are invited to join The Longest Day Volunteer Committee. The committee is responsible for creating awareness and marking the longest day, recruiting teams, coaching and supporting teams, and partnering with local organizations. The committee is virtual, which allows you to work from the comfort of your home. We will provide you with all the training and resources to have a successful volunteer experience, plus we have regular committee calls to keep in touch. Meetings will be held virtually once or twice a month for one hour.
The Longest Day is a unique sunrise-to-sunset team fundraising event to honor the strength, heart and endurance of those affected by Alzheimer's disease. Held on June 21st, the summer solstice, teams will complete 16 hours of an activity of their choice to raise awareness and funds for the care, support and research efforts of the Alzheimer's Association.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours/month
- Sacramento Annual Walk to End...
- Helpline Volunteer
- Health Fair Volunteer
- Former Caregivers to Lead...
- Gain Office Experience!
- Data Entry Volunteer
- Marketing Project - Turn...
- Program Committee
- Longest Day Volunteer Committee
- Team Retention Planning...
- Stanislaus Health Fair Volunteer
- Faith-Based Outreach Coordinator
- Help us defeat Alzheimer's
- Latino Outreach Volunteer
- Sacramento Walk to End...
- Team Recruitment Planning...
- Asian Pacific Islander (API)...
- Support Group Ambassador
- San Joaquin Health Fair Volunteer
- Medical Office Outreach Volunteer