Community Thread wants to put your computer skills to good use to stay up-to-date with Volunteer Center statistics and organizational data. You can assist the Volunteer Center in collecting, compiling and accurately recording information, including event statistics and client information. You'll be able to support initiatives that benefit local community members, such as Rake a Difference Day and Holiday Hope. This is a great opportunity to gain and/or utilize your administrative support skills!
- Complete volunteer application forms and attend an orientation session
- Familiarize self with database programs through initial training and ongoing feedback
- Input collected data into an electronic spreadsheet or database from forms and lists
- Ensure that all data is entered accurately
- Maintain confidentiality of all data entered
- Other clerical opportunities may be available if interested, such as assisting with mailings, analyzing data, or building new spreadsheets
- Attend meetings as available
- Must be age 18 or older
- Possess good organizational skills
- Be detail oriented
- Have previous computer/technology experience
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Have general office skills
Time Commitment: This volunteer opportunity is flexible. You must be available at least 2 hours/week between 9:00am-4:00pm Monday through Friday.Volunteers must complete an application; we check references and complete a background check. A short orientation is also required. Contact us today to learn more about the application process!
- Administrative Support
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 2 or more hours/week; 12 week minimum commitment
- You must be available between 9:00am-4:00pm Monday through Friday.