At The Sankofa Center, we empower people to change lives and foster healthy behaviors to prevent, detect, and treat HIV/AIDS. We utilize traditional African dance and drama fused with health information to educate people of all ages in Ghana. We are committed to providing free counseling, rapid HIV/AIDS testing and connecting people with HIV/AIDS to local medical resources. We value equipping the next generation with tools to wipe out HIV/AIDS with a compassionate and open-minded ethos. Since 2004, we have educated 35,000 students about HIV prevention, 50,000 community members on HIV transmission, and have provided over 4,000 individuals with free rapid HIV testing and links to resources. The organization is supported by an international tuition-based volunteer/internship program and a vibrant product line made by their Co-op in Africa in support of free HIV services for thousands. The Copywriter will be in charge of the redaction of HIV/AIDS related content for our blog, website and social media pages at the Sunnyvale office, working under directives of the Program Manager. Set of strong B2B & B2C writing skills, marketing, interpersonal communication knowledge will be needed by successful candidate for long-term placement. Knowledge of the HIV/AIDS litterature would be a great asset but is not mandatory.
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Experienced Grant Writer/Grant...
- Models for charitable product line
- Grant Research Associate
- Zen Cart Specialist
- Android App Developer
- Social Media Specialist (B2B &...
- iOS App Developer
- International Volunteers &...
- Donate your valuable time
- Local Volunteer Manager
- Women's Sustainability through...
- Event Coordinators
- Team Leader of Volunteer Pop Up...
- Web Developer
- Marketing & Social Media...
- Wear House Help For Charity
- Become A Friend of The Sankofa...
- Network Administrator
- Graphic Designer