Events are a Fun and Easy Way to Volunteer
Looking for a short term volunteer opportunity that will also benefit the community? Neighbors hosts several fundraising events throughout the year. These events raise much needed monetary donations to ensure Neighbors can provide food, clothing and other assistance to families in need. Volunteers assist with day-of-activities which varies by event (see below). If you are looking for a fun and quick way to volunteer, these are the opportunities for you!
- Mother & Daughter Tea Party - help with décor and serve as host or hostess for event goers (May TBD)
- Taps & Apps - register guests and manage the silent auction (June TBD)
- Great Neighbors Duck Races - coordinate yellow rubber ducks that race down an obstacle course, sell duck certificates to the crowd, and play duck-related games with kids (first Saturday in October)
- Walk to End Hunger - put together a walk team and raise money and awareness for our food shelf (Thanksgiving Day morning)
- It’s a Wonderful Life Radio Play- register guests, sell mystery boxes to event goers and stay for the show at the historic Saint Paul Hotel (second Tuesday evening in December)
- Future event days and times to be determined
At Neighbors, all donations and volunteer service directly supports the local community.
- Customer Service
- Event Planning / Management
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 14
- Provide Fun Activities for...
- Spread Good Ole Holiday Cheer
- Events are a Fun and Easy Way to...
- Everybody Loves a Parade
- Make Friendly Phone Calls to our...
- Help Feed our Neighbors in Need
- Group Volunteering is a Fun Way...
- Retired and Want to Give Back
- Help Families Get Gently Used...
- Provide a Warm Welcome to...
- Help Feed Hungry Kids This Summer
- Remember the "good old days"...
- Habla Español? Do You Speak...
- Drive our Neighbors in Need to...
- Volunteer While on the Job Hunt