HEAF is seeking volunteers who enjoy taking pictures to assist the Communications Manager during External Relations and student programming throughout the year.
Description of Organization
HEAF is an effective supplemental education and youth leadership nonprofit that works to help high potential but undeserved New York City public school students become high achieving college graduates. HEAF identifies scholars in middle school and supports them until they are successfully admitted to four year colleges through a variety of after school, Saturday, summer, and youth development programs. In the last 15 years, 100% of our students have graduated from high school and 83% of our students have received a degree from college within six years or less.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Commit to being on an "Event Photography" mailing list so you can sign up to take photographs at various HEAF functions
- Attend various HEAF functions (fundraising events, volunteer days, student programs, etc.) as a volunteer photographer
- Working knowledge of event and portrait photography
- Efficient in operating a DSLR
- Possess communication skills
- Gain & expand new skills.
- Support HEAF staff in their work.
- Learn about the internal processes of a nonprofit.
- Receive academic credit if applicable.
- Expand your professional network.
- Be part of a lively, dedicated, caring, and passionate team.
Participate in a minimum of 2-3 events a year.
Times and days will cvary by event
How to Apply
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Please complete an online volunteer application form (http://bit.ly/1RUbSM0) and email your current resume to email@example.com Questions? Contact 212 663 9732 x319.
*We prefer that you already own a working DSLR
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Varies by event