Healing Arts - Assistant
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
12 people are interested
The Volunteer Department of Hospice of the Chesapeake is seeking a volunteer who can help with expanding our robust Healing Arts Program, which is filled with complementary therapy departments such as Comfort Touch, Reiki, Massage Therapy, Pet Therapy, Music Therapy, and Aromatherapy. The initial time commitment is four hours/week on a Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday. The tasks are:
- Assist Healing Arts Coordinator in developing new partnerships and recruiting new healing arts practitioners.
- Brainstorm with the Healing Arts Coordinator the action steps needed to operationalize projects and events.
- Make phone calls and/or talk with staff, as needed, to move projects along and to plan events.
- Assist with promoting projects and events by creating flyers, writing blurbs, and using social media.
- Prepare materials, such as sign-in sheets, handouts, and certificates of attendance, for special events and trainings.
- Run errands, as needed, such as refilling essential oils at MICC, picking up artwork at the framing shop, or picking up supplies at Michaels.
- Help with tracking documentation (typically in Excel) and analyzing evaluation forms.
- Other tasks as needed.
Volunteering with Hospice of the Chesapeake is a great opportunity to work with people and your community! Hospice of the Chesapeake is grateful for the support volunteers provide to our hospice patients, their families, our staff, and our organization. Among many other benefits and opportunities, we provide all of our volunteers with hospice, palliative care, and end-of-life education, patient care trainings, and continuous opportunities for educational in-services.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity or other positions within our Volunteer Department, please contact a member of our team at (443)837-1549 or through email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you.
We'll work with your schedule.
90 Ritchie HighwayPasadena, MD 21122
- Administrative Support
- Resource Development / Management
- Community Outreach
- Arts Administration
- Data Entry
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4hrs weekly on either a Monday, Tuesday, or Wed
- Application PaperworkInterview