The board member will support the work of All in Need, Family Support and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by All in Need, Family Support’s chief executive director, the Board-Chair’s relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected. Board Member responsibilities include:
Leadership, governance and oversight
- Being a trusted advisor to the CEO as s/he develops and implements All in Need, Family Supports strategic plan
- Developing and managing relationships and communicating with: funders, partners, and other stakeholders
- As a board member, approving All in Need, Family Support’s annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Reviewing outcomes and metrics created by All in Need, Family Support for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics
- Assisting the CEO and Nominating Committee in recruiting board members
- Planning, presiding over, and facilitating board and committee meetings; partnering with the CEO to ensure that board resolutions are carried out
- Acting as an ambassador for the organization
- Ensuring All in Need, Family Support’s commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities All in Need, Family Support serves
- Reports to the Chair.
- Participates closely with the Chair to develop and implement officer transition plans.
- Sets the tone for the committee work.
- Ensures that committee members have the information they need to do their jobs.
- Oversees the logistics of committee operations.
- Reports to the full board on committee decisions/recommendations.
- Works closely with the chief executive and other staff as agreed to by the chief executive.
- Assigns work to the committee members, sets the agenda and runs the meetings, and ensures distribution of meeting minutes.
- Initiates and leads the committee's annual evaluation.
All in Need, Family Support Board Members will consider All in Need, Family Support a philanthropic priority and make annual gifts that reflect that priority. So that All in Need, Family Support can credibly solicit contributions from foundations, organizations, and individuals, All in Need, Family support expects to have 100 percent of Board Members make an annual contribution that is commensurate with their capacity.
All in Need, Family support’s Committee Chair will serve a two-year term to be eligible for re-appointment for one additional term. Board meetings will be held monthly and committee meetings will be held in coordination with full board meetings.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about the success of All in Need, Family Support’s beneficiaries and who has a track record of board leadership. The selected Board Chair will have achieved leadership stature in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector. His/her accomplishments will allow him/her to attract other well-qualified, high-performing board members.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Extensive professional experience with significant executive leadership accomplishments in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector
- Demonstrated success as a nonprofit board member or board chair
- Track record of building credibility in the funding community that has resulted in major gifts to a nonprofit
- A commitment to and understanding of All in Need, Family Support’s beneficiaries and mission preferably based on experience
- Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
- Excellent written and oral communication skills coupled with natural affinity for public speaking
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of All in Need, Family Support’s beneficiaries
Service on All in Need Family Support’s board of directors is without remuneration, except for administrative support, travel, and accommodation costs in relation to board members’ duties.
- Resource Development / Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- 2 year commitment
- First Aid and CPRWilling to work in a team?
- Grant Writer!!
- Have fun with kids in the...
- You want to help, but don't want...
- Be Our Smile! Receptionist
- Write about the Good!
- Kids, do you like them? Become a...
- Keep us Moving Forward! Office...
- Make A Difference: Passionate...
- Let's Play Games! Group Leader
- Be the Difference: Chair Board...
- "Assist one child at a time" 1:1...
- Direct the movement of All in...
- Chairperson of the Board of...
- Hey You Nurse! LPN or RN