Food Pantry Assistant - Ecumenical Hunger Program
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereMills Peninsula Senior Focus1720 El Camino Real, Ste 10Burlingame, CA 94010
Since 1975 Ecumenical Hunger Program has helped families and individuals who are experiencing economic and personal hardship. Staff and volunteers work in partnership with families to provide immediate and long-term assistance essential for survival and success. Now located on a one acre campus in East Palo Alto, Ecumenical Hunger Program serves working families, seniors, those on fixed incomes and people facing illnesses and other crises. Ecumenical Hunger Program is supported entirely by contributions from the community. All programs and services are available free of charge and open to those in need.
Food pantry assistant volunteer opportunity description: Packing food boxes for families as well as emergency food boxes, sort and stock food, distribute food to those in need, organize and clean. Volunteers need basic verbal and written communication skills. Hours per shift: optional. Shifts per week: optional. Shifts per month: optional Days and/or Time Needed: Monday-Friday; 10:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Orientation provides hands on training, by using the buddy system with a staff meember or trained volunteer will work with new volunteers. Public Transportation located on the same block as site, SamTrans #280 for easy access for volunteers with who use public transportation.
- People Skills
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- Shift available Monday- Friday 10:00am -4:30pm
- Reading Tutor - Reading Partners
- Food Delivery - Society of St....
- Kitchen/ Food Pantry - Samaritan...
- Radio Operator - Blackberry...
- Early Literacy Program - Avenidas
- Homeless Help Kitchen - Society...
- Shopping Assistance for the...
- Get up & Go Volunteer
- Mills-Peninsula Health Services
- Caring Cupboard - City of San...
- Mobility Ambassador - San Mateo...
- Senior Nutrition
- Recreation Instructor
- SFO Travelers Information
- Monkey Toy Project - Los Altos...
- Meals on Wheels
- San Mateo County Sheriff's Office
- Friendship Center Host/ Hostess-...
- Project Read Literacy Tutor
- Habitat for Humanity Greater SF...