The Society of St. Vincent de Paul of San Mateo County provides person to person services helping those in need by providing visits to homes; jail ministry; service learning for youth; 3 homeless help centers; Peninsula Family Resource Center; outlet stores that recycle and salvage; child assistance programs; Monday night food program; a holiday giving program; and visiting people who are home bound. The Society of St. Vincent De Paul is looking for reliable drivers for food pick-up or delivery. Deliveries and pick-ups are made to various locations on the Peninsula and in the South Bay area. Time commitment: between 1 and 4 hours. Lifting: a maximum of 20 pounds. Volunteers use personal vehicles. Volunteers must have valid insurance and be willing to have driving records reviewed. No mileage reimbursement for travel provided. Training and orientations are provided every second Tuesday. Please include phone number at time of inquiry for volunteer coordiantor. (Note: your phone number will not be used for any other purpose).
- People Skills
- Food Service
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- 1 and 4 hours
- Valid car insurance for food delivery drivers
- Reading Tutor - Reading Partners
- Food Delivery - Society of St....
- Kitchen/ Food Pantry - Samaritan...
- Radio Operator - Blackberry...
- Early Literacy Program - Avenidas
- Homeless Help Kitchen - Society...
- Get up & Go Volunteer
- Mills-Peninsula Health Services
- Caring Cupboard - City of San...
- Mobility Ambassador - San Mateo...
- Senior Nutrition
- Lifeline Services Mills- Peninsula
- Recreation Instructor
- SFO Travelers Information
- Monkey Toy Project - Los Altos...
- Meals on Wheels
- San Mateo County Sheriff's Office
- Friendship Center Host/ Hostess-...
- Project Read Literacy Tutor
- Habitat for Humanity Greater SF...