Serve as a Long Term Care Ombudsman Volunteer!
24 people are interested
March 28, 2019 - 1:00pm-3:00pm
Please join us to learn about VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES at the STATE OF NEVADA'S AGING & DISABILITY SERVICES!The State of Nevada, Aging and Disability Services Division is looking for individuals to serve as volunteer long-term care ombudsmen. As a volunteer ombudsman, volunteers advocate for residents in long-term care facilities by:
- providing residents information about their rights and available resources
- gathering factual information about resident's complaints
- assuring that resident's receive quality care and treatment from service providers.
We offer 12 hours of comprehensive classroom and field training to prepare volunteers to perform this important role. If you care about seniors, care about improving the quality of life for vulnerable residents living in long-term care facilities and want to ensure that they are treated with respect and dignity, give us a call TODAY!
We have volunteer roles open now! Contact Cheryl Coleman by phone at (702) 486-2439 or by email at email@example.com for additional information.
We'll work with your schedule.
Aging and Disability Services Division1820 S. Sahara AvenueSuite #208Las Vegas, NV 89104
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- 3-4 hours per week
- Volunteers have the flexibility to choose their schedule within the following parameters.? Monday th