Serve as a Long Term Care Ombudsman Volunteer!
24 people are interested
Please join us to learn about VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES at the STATE OF NEVADA'S AGING & DISABILITY SERVICES!The State of Nevada, Aging and Disability Services Division is looking for individuals to serve as volunteer long-term care ombudsmen. As a volunteer ombudsman, volunteers advocate for residents in long-term care facilities by:
- providing residents information about their rights and available resources
- gathering factual information about resident's complaints
- assuring that resident's receive quality care and treatment from service providers.
We offer 12 hours of comprehensive classroom and field training to prepare volunteers to perform this important role. If you care about seniors, care about improving the quality of life for vulnerable residents living in long-term care facilities and want to ensure that they are treated with respect and dignity, give us a call TODAY!
We have volunteer roles open now! Contact Cheryl Coleman by phone at (702) 486-2439 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
About Nevada Aging and Disability Services Division
1820 East Sahara, Suite #205, Las Vegas, NV 89104, US
The Aging and Disability Services Division provides leadership and advocacy in the planning, development and delivery of a high quality, comprehensive support service system across the lifespan. This allows all of Nevada’s elders, adults and children with disabilities or special health care needs to live independent, meaningful, and dignified lives in the most integrated setting appropriate to their needs.
To fulfill our mission, the State of Nevada works largely with a volunteer corps that serves seniors and individuals with disabilities with:
- understanding their Medicare benefit plan and options available;
- protecting themselves from Medicare fraud, waste and abuse;
- learning how to live with chronic diseases, such as diabetes and high blood pressure;
- applying for low-income subsidy programs to pay for prescription drugs; and
- advocating for rights and quality of care for residents living in long-term care facilities
We'll work with your schedule.
Aging and Disability Services Division1820 S. Sahara AvenueSuite #208Las Vegas, NV 89104
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- 3-4 hours per week
- Volunteers have the flexibility to choose their schedule within the following parameters.? Monday th