CalFresh Outreach Assistant - Second Harvest Food Bank
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereMills Peninsula Senior Focus1720 El Camino Real, Ste. 10Burlingame, CA 94010
Second Harvest Food Bank CalFresh Outreach Assistant description: Accompany our staff to community sites to provide information and screen individuals for CalFresh, and also let clients know about other food resources. You will reach members in a variety of locations: pantries, soup kitchens, or Food Bank distribution programs. Outreach is often conducted outside. Various outreach sites locations throughout San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties. Hours: 2-20 hours weekly. Flexible 2-5 hour shifts between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday - Sunday. Volunteer positions with CalFresh Outreach require a commitment of 3 hours per week for a minimum of 2 months. This opportuntity is appropriate for individuals and small groups. Qualifications: volunteer must have strong Communitcation skills. preferabley bi-lingual. Attend a two hours trainingprovided by Second Harvest Food Bank Staff. The volunteer must be comfortable working with a diverse population.
- Public Speaking
- People Skills
- Community Outreach
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- 2-20 hrs/wk Mon-Sun from 8am-5pm 2-5 hrs shifts
- Attend a 2 hour training provided by Second Harvest Food Bank staff
- Reading Tutor - Reading Partners
- Food Delivery - Society of St....
- Kitchen/ Food Pantry - Samaritan...
- Radio Operator - Blackberry...
- Early Literacy Program - Avenidas
- Homeless Help Kitchen - Society...
- Shopping Assistance for the...
- Get up & Go Volunteer
- Mills-Peninsula Health Services
- Caring Cupboard - City of San...
- Mobility Ambassador - San Mateo...
- Senior Nutrition
- Recreation Instructor
- SFO Travelers Information
- Monkey Toy Project - Los Altos...
- Meals on Wheels
- San Mateo County Sheriff's Office
- Friendship Center Host/ Hostess-...
- Project Read Literacy Tutor
- Habitat for Humanity Greater SF...