Do you love interacting with people? Are you organized? Do you want to make a difference in people's lives? Great!
West Valley Community Services (WVCS)* is looking for a Front Desk volunteer on Tuesdays from 1pm-5pm. Volunteers at the Front Desk answer phones, process clients accessing the food pantry, schedule appointments for case managers, and help with general administrative tasks. If you have experience as a receptionist or would like experience, this is a great opportunity in a fun and meaningful environment.
We ask that volunteers for this position volunteer for the same shift each week, for at least 4 months, ideally longer. Learn more at Volunteer Orientation to see if volunteering your time at the Front Desk may be a fit for you! You can always"shadow" the one shift before committing your time. Thank you!
*West Valley Community Services (WVCS) is a basic needs organization that serves people in need in the Cupertino, Los Gatos, Monte Sereno, Saratoga, and West San Jose areas. The mission of WVCS is to encourage the sharing of community resources, to provide basic human needs in a caring and dignified environment, and to provide opportunities for volunteers to participate in WVCS' activities.
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Office Management
- Office Reception
- People Skills
- Basic Computer Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- The same shift for a 4-month minimum commitment
- Food Pantry - Monday Morning
- Food Pantry - Wednesday Mornings
- Grocery Pick-up - Wednesday...
- Grocery Pick-up - Monday...
- Receptionist - Wednesday Morning
- Website Design/Graphic Design
- Receptionist - Tuesday Afternoon
- Translator/Interpreter (as...
- Be a Financial Coach! (English...
- Grocery Pick-up - Friday...
- Grocery Pick-up - Thursday...
- Food Pantry - Tuesday Mornings
- Grocery Pick-up -...