Mentor a Child - Change a life in just 2-3 times a month! (Midland County)
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereBig Brothers Big Sisters - Midland Headquarters2200 N. Saginaw RdMidland, MI 48640
A Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Great Lakes Bay Region mentor’s role is simple: to be a friend to a child, on a one to one basis. Men are matched with boys in all circumstances, and women are matched with girls in most circumstances.
- A Big and a Little participate in everyday activities together on average of two to three times per month for a minimum of one year. The schedule can be flexible to meet the needs of volunteers and Littles.
- Throughout the friendship, Bigs assist Littles to build confidence and promote positive decision-making skills, and independence. Enhancing the self-esteem of a child can be a key building block in the development of their personality and overall approach to life.
- Mentoring opportunities are also available to couples and families.
- All volunteers undergo a comprehensive background screening before being matched with a child.
- If you can commit 2-3 times a month, you can change the life of a child through mentoring!
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 times a month, at least one year