APRA (Atlanta Pet Rescue and Adoption) has joined Best Friends Animal Society as Best Friends-Atlanta. The center will serve as a lifesaving hub for animals and also a base from which we can fill in gaps in local programming and build a coalition to help the metro-Atlanta area in its final push to no-kill. Best Friends already has centers in Los Angeles, New York and Utah. Now, with the joining of APRA, Best Friends-Atlanta can help strengthen the no-kill movement in the southeast as well. Together with quality animal welfare organizations throughout the country, we will bring no-kill to animals all across the nation. Together, we will Save Them All.
Thank you for giving us a warm welcome to Atlanta!
We are happy to answer your questions. Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Give a gift: You can make a difference to the animals with every dollar you donate to Best Friends. Donate now.
Volunteer: We count on dedicated volunteers like you every day to help Save Them All. Visit volunteers.bestfriends.org and follow these steps to create your volunteer profile, view a list of volunteer opportunities, and schedule an orientation date (if applicable):
- Visit volunteers.bestfriends.org
- Select "Start Volunteering" and be sure to check off the path for Atlanta.
- Follow the steps to fully activate your volunteer account.
- You will receive an automated email after profile completion with details about volunteer opportunities along with sign up instructions.
Requirements for all Atlanta Programs:
* Active volunteers are asked to commit to a minimum of six hours a month for at least six months
* Volunteers must be at least 18 years old.
If you have any questions or need more information, please contact volunteerATL@bestfriends.org.
- Problem Solving
- People Skills
- Animal Care / Handling
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours/month