Senior volunteers assist with the organization, scheduling and educational components pertaining to the CHP's Age Well, Drive Smart Program (Older Driver Safety Program). This includes: updating the power point presentation, developing necessary educational materials and conducting classroom instruction. This class is taught with volunteers in conjunction with uniformed personnel. When an issue pertaining to enforcement or vehicle code is presented in a classroom environment, the officer in charge will be responsible for the subject matter. California Highway Patrol of San Mateo County and Santa Clara County, please specify at time of inquery prefered location.
- Public Speaking
- Adult Education
- People Skills
- Teaching / Instruction
- Law Enforcement
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- Reading Tutor - Reading Partners
- Food Delivery - Society of St....
- Kitchen/ Food Pantry - Samaritan...
- Radio Operator - Blackberry...
- Early Literacy Program - Avenidas
- Homeless Help Kitchen - Society...
- Get up & Go Volunteer
- Mills-Peninsula Health Services
- Caring Cupboard - City of San...
- Mobility Ambassador - San Mateo...
- Senior Nutrition
- Lifeline Services Mills- Peninsula
- Recreation Instructor
- SFO Travelers Information
- Monkey Toy Project - Los Altos...
- Meals on Wheels
- San Mateo County Sheriff's Office
- Friendship Center Host/ Hostess-...
- Project Read Literacy Tutor
- Habitat for Humanity Greater SF...