82 people are interested
Wish Granter (Grouse Creek)
ORGANIZATION: Make-A-Wish® Utah
Please visit the new page to apply.
82 people are interested
Meets with a Wish Child and his/her family to discover, plan, and fulfill a wish. Wish Granters work in teams of two and use resources wisely by seeking donated goods and services for each wish. Volunteers commit their time to make the wish as unique as the child and a lasting memorable experience for each Wish Family. Best suits volunteers over the age of 21 with creative energy, entrepreneurial enthusiasm, and the ability to give freely of their time.
ROLE: To deliver wishes of the highest quality to all eligible Wish Children diagnosed with a life-threatening illness, thus enriching their lives with hope, strength and joy. To further embrace the Make-A-Wish vision, thus bringing together people everywhere to share in the power of a wish.
REPORTS TO: Program Services Department
- Accepts wish assignments from Program Services Department.
- Makes contact with wish family within 3 days of wish being assigned, and arranges for wish family interview.
- Conducts the wish family interview with the purpose of discovering the child’s heartfelt wish and completing wish packet paperwork with parents or guardians - within 2 weeks after receiving new wish assignment information.
- Submits to MAW Office all wish packet paperwork and wish child photo within 3 days following initial interview.
- Maintains close, open, positive interactive relationships and communication with wish family, wish partner, MAW staff, donors and all wish resources throughout the wish process.
- Obtains staff approval of child’s wish prior to wish fulfillment.
- Obtains appropriate wish budget approvals.
- Obtains legal documents required.
- Fulfills the granting of a child’s wish in accordance with MAWA standards, MAWU policies, procedures and best-practice guidelines, training session instructions, and written material.
- Working together with wish granting partner, grants each child a magical wish of the highest quality.
- Proactively and creatively works as a team player to bring the wish to a timely close.
- When necessary, sees the wish family off at the airport and on arrival home if the wish is a travel wish.
- Advocates for the wish child and family, as well as the Make-A-Wish throughout the wish process.
- Refers all concerns, problems or potential problems to the attention of the MAW Office immediately.
- Acts as a professional good-will ambassador for the Make-A-Wish and creates only positive interactions with members of the community.
- Allocates donor dollars wisely.
- Builds partnerships with in kind donors, recognizing their support and efforts at wish completion by sending thank you letters.
- Submits final financial forms with required paperwork and child’s wish photo to MAW Office within 10 days of wish completion.
- Mentors new wish granters when assigned.
- Genuine love for children
- Creative thinker
- Sensitive, compassionate and caring
- Non-judgmental, good listener
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organization skills
- Able to work well with others, team player
- Able to approach and motivate in-kind donors and community resources to participate in granting a wish
- Self starter
- Problem solver
- Budget conscious
Wish granters are required to attend quarterly in-service training meetings.
Attendance at additional meetings may be required throughout the year.
Wish granters are also encouraged to participate in Make-A-Wish events held throughout the year.
- Opportunity to provide a magical wish of the highest quality to a child diagnosed with a life-threatening illness.
- Opportunity to interact with and provide joy & respite to wish children and their families.
- Opportunity to increase leadership.
- Recognition in annual report and at event.
- Use of Make-A-Wish Utah as a personal reference upon successful completion of this position.
15 More opportunities with Make-A-Wish® Utah
About Make-A-Wish® Utah
771 East Winchester, Murray, UT 84107, US
We grant the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience through hope, strength and joy.
Our organization grants wishes for children with life-threatening medical conditions. Children are referred to us, then go through a medical approval process. After approval is granted, they begin meeting with our wish granting volunteers. We also hold a number of fundraising events throughout the year.
Multiple locations Grouse Creek, UT 84313
May 23, 2023
- Child Development
- Donor Management
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 40 hours/year minimum